Ordinary People – I’m not going to say much about this film except for the following: The film plays just as banal as the empty conversations of the upper-middle-class soiree guests that it deplores. It’s very much a continuation of Stanley Kramer’s cardboard cutout psychology and ethics (Pressure Point, The Defiant Ones) and makes me wish that Cassavetes had not only pushed Kramer against the wall but knocked out a few of his teeth. Why did I revisit this film? That won’t be disclosed at this time.
- “Dear Miss Spencer, This is just to say cheerio. Yours Sincerely, Stanley Moon. P.S.: I leave you my collection of moths.”
- “It goes in circles.”
- “Check again to see if there are any more brave men who know how to swim and row.”
- Three times around the square and then off to the pub.
- Leaning on the everlasting arm…
- “…Ordinary Peepholes?”
- “Rage Release Quotient!”
- “Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck! Y’gotta laugh, don’t ya.”
- “I didn’t mean to eat this shoe in public…”
- Known Pornographers