Back to the sauna now with Herzog, or maybe the ice: Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe is only truly interesting to me because of the amazing monologues Herzog is given to in moments of action, much like the greatest actors. It’s amazing, in a very cliched and devastating way that 30 years ago when that film was made, he was talking about the death of languages and of images because of television. So many people would argue and say that television now is better than it has ever been. That’s just because we’re used to it, my dear, dear friends.
- “Dear Miss Spencer, This is just to say cheerio. Yours Sincerely, Stanley Moon. P.S.: I leave you my collection of moths.”
- “It goes in circles.”
- “Check again to see if there are any more brave men who know how to swim and row.”
- Three times around the square and then off to the pub.
- Leaning on the everlasting arm…
- “…Ordinary Peepholes?”
- “Rage Release Quotient!”
- “Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck! Y’gotta laugh, don’t ya.”
- “I didn’t mean to eat this shoe in public…”
- Known Pornographers